A Letter From our Senior Class
Dear Arlington High School, the Senior Class of 2020 would like to thank you. We have been raised here for the last 12 years of our lives. Even though we did not get to finish the last three months of our senior year, or get to say our goodbyes to our teachers, we still wanted to be able to do something. Below are the final words from some seniors!
- I’d like to thank Madame for always being there for me whether it was French or personal related, and for always making my mornings so much more enjoyable and exciting by making me laugh. I will also miss seeing Mr. Leonard every morning as he would always greet me with a smile and a “Good morning!” :)
- I would like to thank Mrs. Barger and Mr. Feller for teaching me how to become a better person in the classroom and on the field. They have been great role models to me. I am going to miss walking the halls everyday and passing teachers and students to say hi!
- I want to thank my friends for the amazing memories, my teachers for the laughs and stress, and the lunch ladies for popcorn chicken and cookies.
- I’m going to miss seeing everyone in the hallway, both students and teachers. I want to thank everyone for the memories. I wish we could have made more!
- I would like to thank Mr. Beck and Ms. Welly for being the most influential teachers in my life. I miss my friends and the atmosphere of high school.
- Mrs. Barger was always there for me when I needed her and has been an amazing teacher, advocate, and friend. She taught me that the journey isn't about becoming someone else, but unbecoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be. Mrs. Griffin was also an amazing mentor and helped to bring the joy of music into my life. I'll remember what they brought into my life forever, and I couldn't be more appreciative of the time we had together and more sorrowful of the time we won't have.
The Class of 2020 is incredibly grateful for the time that we spent in the halls, classrooms, and fields of Arlington High School. We hope that we leave a lasting legacy for all students and that our accomplishments and aspirations will always be part of Arlington. Like Eleanor Roosevelt said, “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” and our class has incredibly bright futures ahead of us. We’d like to thank all of our teachers, staff members, coaches, parents, guardians, and friends for all the support on our journey to adulthood!