New Year: Time To Get Your Life Together
By: Anna Edmiston
With 2018 fresh and new in our sights, we all start to think about how this year will be different. How many of us have started diets or workout plans? How about trying to end bad habits? The new year always spells new beginnings and endings. I think the problem we have is that we try to drastically change our lives and expect it to happen easily. Don’t blame yourself! All of us do it. I think that, instead of changing everything in our lives for the better, we need to start small and work our way up. I want to try and help you (and myself) get our lives together with these few tips.
- Get a planner- Planners help you plan ahead and make sure you are on top of all of your events and appointments.
- Start small with workout plans- Throw in a small workout when you can and make it something you do everyday. This will form the habit and apart of your routine.
- Drink more water- Water is so important and will always make you feel better. So many of your problems can be solved by adding two more glasses of water to your day.
- Take some time for self-care- With the stressful schedules and classes, we all need to remember to take some time for ourselves. This could be a night alone watching TV or reading, or really just tending to the things you should be doing but feel like you don’t have time for.
- Read more- Reading a little bit more everyday will be beneficial to you getting your life together. Just reading the paper in the morning or a book that looks interesting will make you smarter and will help with many different aspects of your life.
- Work on your time management- Have a routine everyday and make sure you are spending enough time on the things that NEED to get done and then you can have fun with the things you WANT to get done.
With all of these tips, you should be on track to getting your life together!